Friday, June 28, 2013
Posted by Ron Thomas at 2:58 AM
Thursday, June 20, 2013
“I just sat in the room in awe. All these senior writers, and here I was. I did not speak because I had not found my voice.”
Posted by Ron Thomas at 8:03 AM
Friday, June 14, 2013
Recalculating, make a right at the next light. Recalculating, make a left at the next intersection.
With GPS in a car, there is no need to get lost anymore. I now live in Saudi Arabia, and of all the items that I brought over, my Google Maps app is something I never leave the house without.
Posted by Ron Thomas at 4:03 PM
Thursday, June 6, 2013
This could be you but then again I hope not.
- We tell interviewers we are “not really into that social media stuff.”
- We have not stayed current in our field or we aren’t articulate about trends and leaders in our field.
- We dress like someone in a past decade, or worse, wear a suit and tie [or the female equivalent] in an environment that stopped wearing suits years ago.
- We still have a flip phone.
- We are not physically fit and sometimes overweight.
- We have so much experience and have interviewed so many times we don’t spend much time preparing for the interview. Fact is, top candidates spend 8-16 hours preparing.
Posted by Ron Thomas at 5:39 AM